1st Blog- Leah Moreau

    My name is Leah Moreau and I am 19 years old; I turn 20 on September 25th! I just transferred to RIC from URI for severe and profound elementary special education. I got into special education when I did an independent study from 6th-12th grade in middle and high school and fell in love with teaching. I live at home with my parents and older sister and now I commute to RIC.

    Over my summer break I went on lots of trips such as Lake Winnipesaukee, Martha's Vineyard, Outer Banks, and I went on my first cruise during my last week of summer. When I am not in class I like to read on my kindle or when it is nice out I am usually in my pool or at the beach. I also spend at least one day a week with my niece Luella who has become such a joy in my life and I love to watch her grow up.

    I work at Papa Ginos five days a week during the school year and in the summer I continue to work there for one day while I work at an outdoor restaurant called Harbor Lights. I have worked at Papa Ginos for four years now and love spending time there with my work friends. 

    As for my hobbies I used to be a serious soccer player and now I coach younger kids with one of my friends for my home town of West Warwick. I also love to travel with my older sister and I have two trips already planned for the winter that I am so excited for. I am going to Denmark and Norway with my sister and then to Disney World with my high school friends! I like to keep busy and I hate being in one place for too long. 

This is my older sister, Zoe. She is three years older than me and has been my best friend for my entire life. She is also the exact opposite of me, but we get along together perfectly. 
This is Jaymin who is the reason why I got into teaching. Before I left high school I got my first tattoo of the autism puzzle piece behind my ear in honor of him and to remind myself who inspired me to teach. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

324 Lesson 1

324 Lesson 6

324 Lesson 2